Monday, June 30, 2008

Penne with Broccoli

Monday night = fast meal. In the past I have opted for trashy fast food for my Monday night meal, but after a few years of doing that I now crave something home-cooked and with nutrition - but, it has to be ready in under 30mins. Pasta is one of those dishes that is almost always a quick meal.

Some Facts About BROCCOLI:
EASE: 5/5. Minimal prep and active cooking time.
Prep time: 5mins. Just have to wash and cut the broccoli and slice the garlic. Then get the pasta on and fry the garlic at the same time.
Cooking time: 15mins. Pasta takes 12mins. Then you drain and toss the pasta through the garlic oil for around 3mins.
TOTAL: 20mins.
TASTE: 4/5.
I forgot to add the bacon, so I'm sure Ryan would have enjoyed it more with the bacon. I liked it - broccoli, chilli, garlic and freshly grated parmesan. Simple but tasty. I used 400g of pasta which feeds 4 people. I used 5 cloves of garlic as I want more crispy golden pieces.

Would I make again: Yes.

Recipe:
http://www.cuisine.com.au/recipe/penne-with-broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment