Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Orecchiette with broad beans, butter & parmesan


Ease: 4/5. If I didn't have to shell the broad beans this would be super easy.prep time: 2mins to slice butter and get ingredients ready.
cooking time:
15mins to cook pasta and toss through butter and parmesan.
Total:
17mins. Pretty quick and little hands on work.

Taste: 3.5/5. If I only used broccolini, then 4.5/5. I used shell pasta as I couldn't find orecchiette, and frozen broad beans as I couldn't find fresh at Coles. This turned out to be a nightmare though as the broad beans still had a shell around them and I had to peel them after cooking. As this was taking forever I sauteed some broccolini in butter and garlic and tossed them through. Thank God I did as the broad beans were really bitter and mushy.

Would I make it again:
No. I would use the recipe and substitute with garlic broccolini though.
Recipe:
http://www.cuisine.com.au/recipe/orecchiette-with-broad-beans-butter-and-parmesan

No comments:

Post a Comment