Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Oregano Lamb with Greek Salad


Ryan and I tried a new style of shopping on Sunday. We decided we wanted to have the shopping done in 20mins max. To do this we split up the shopping list - I gave him all the fruit, veg, bread and meats (all in the same aisle) whilst I would get everything else (I'm faster as I do the food shop and know where everything is). Not surprisingly I finished first, but we were all done in under 20mins. In fact, we were home in that time.

This new method of ours seemed great, until I went to cook the lamb for dinner and realised that instead of Lamb Loin Chops, my dyslexic and lazy reader-of-a-fiance, bought Pork loin chops. As I did not think oregano or a Greek salad would go well with pork, I had to make a mad dash to the supermarket before everyone came for dinner. Luckily the dinner itself is super fast to make.

4 lamb loin chops (I used 8 lamb cutlets)
1/2 cup fresh oregano
1tbs lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper
Greek salad (tomatoes, feta, cucumber, olives and red onion)

Mix lemon, oregano, olive oil and garlic in a bowl. Add lamb chops and toss to coat. Cook lamb chops in pan until cooked to your liking (6mins for medium). Serve with a Greek Salad.

ease: 5/5.
prep time: 15mins to make marinade and to make Greek salad.
cooking time: 6mins for lamb cutlets.
total: 15mins. Make salad while lamb is cooking.

taste: 3.5/5. The boys thought the lamb was fine, Ryan didn't like the Greek salad much. I used 1/4 cup fresh oregano and 2tbs dried oregano.

would I make it again: No - they like other lamb seasonings better.

No comments:

Post a Comment