Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Strawberries with vanilla bean creme fraiche


It's Melbourne Cup Day!

The sun has even managed to make an appearance, although we opted to stay home and play with our dog - water fights and all. I took some time to snap some of our lovely roses, with tiny crystal dew drops.
Playing around in the garden made us a little peckish so I tried to find some ingredients left over from other recipes and struck gold with half a tub of creme fraiche.

ease: 5/5. prep time: 3mins to wash and slice strawberries.
cooking time:
2mins to mix up creme fraiche whilst strawberries macerate.
total:
5mins - perfect for a midday snack.

taste:
3.5/5. I'm not sure what it is, but I much prefer strawberries on their own. I used 180g creme fraiche, 1 tsp vanilla bean paste and 2tbs icing sugar - I did not add Frangelico. I also used just 1 punnet of strawberries. The creme fraiche was lovely, but I feel it overpowers the strawberries.

would I make it again:
No.

recipe:
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/18038/strawberries+with+vanilla+bean+creme+fraiche

No comments:

Post a Comment