Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cranberry, caramel & almond tart



Twenty or more cold days perfect for hours of cooking, and yet I choose the first 30C day to do just that. The oven was on for about 4hours today, along with 4hours of stove time the temperature in my house despite all the blinds being closed, almost reached the same temperature as the outside air.


Heat-headache aside, I managed to follow through and make this tart, and boy, does it look gorgeous; I just hope it tastes its weight in gold.

ease: 3/5. Time consuming.
prep time: 2hours and 45mins. The prep time should be at least an hour to 12 more as I only rested my dough for 1hour and 15mins. I made the filling whilst the dough was in the fridge to save time as the filling takes almost an hour (cooling time inc).
cooking time: 25mins.
total: 3hours & 10mins.

taste: 3/5. My partner gave it a 4 but I found the caramel quite bitter and with the tart cranberries it just wasn't that nice.

would I make it again: No.

recipe:
http://www.lottieanddoof.com/2008/12/cranberry-caramel-and-almond-tart/

No comments:

Post a Comment