Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Fattoush with lemon myrtle chicken


Christmas spirit hasn't visited me this year. Normally I am festive and generally excited about Christmas but for some reason this year it feels like any other day, except that instead of working I will be cooking and shuttling in between two places that are 1hour and a half apart (divorced parents). I didn't even enjoy wrapping the presents which I normally do. I think I'm just a little overworked and worn out, hopefully the break will rejuvenate me and I will be more excited about New Years Eve.

ease: 5/5.
prep time:
9mins to chop all the veggies up and make the dressing.
cooking time:
3mins to fry the bread.
total:
12mins.

taste: 4.5/5. I loved the freshness of the salad with the salty crisp bread (I used wholemeal lavash as I didn't defrost my pita) and the lemony sumac make for a lovely light summer salad. I left out the radish and I served it with lemon myrtle chicken.

would I make it again:
Yes.

recipe:
http://gourmettraveller.com.au/fattoush.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment