Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Blueberry pineapple clafoutis


Tis the season of tropical fruits in Australia. During summer my fridges are stocked with pineapples, watermelons, kiwis, bananas and many more. Most of these fruits are eaten as they are, chilled and raw from the fridge. Nothing beats a wedge of icy watermelon or a cool slice of pineapple on a hot day. Absolute refreshing bliss.

As the second month of Summer draws to a close I realised that whilst I had devoured many fruits, I haven't made that many into anything else. So I thought for the last month of Summer I shall try my hardest to eat them not only raw, but also to make them into a sweet treats or refreshing drinks to be enjoyed by everyone.


ease: 5/5.
prep time:
15mins.
cooking time: 30mins.
total: 45mins.

taste: 3.5/5. Only because it turned really custard-y - which may have been because it was 42C today. Otherwise the flavours were absolutely gorgeous together, will have to make something with blueberries, pineapple and coconut again.

would I make it again: Yes, when the weather is under 30C.

recipe: http://tartelette.blogspot.com/2008/04/blueberry-pineapple-clafoutis.html

3 comments:

  1. this recipe looks divine!

    stunning photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Tartlette makes absolutely gorgeous desserts.
    In regards to the photos, thanks a bunch!- just got my new camera today so fingers crossed they will get a little better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Id so love to eat some of this right now : ) Anything with pineapple in it i will eat!

    ReplyDelete