Thursday, January 8, 2009

Cacio e pepe


I had a chicken dish in mind for tonight's dinner however I forgot to defrost it. As 5:30pm rolled around I ransacked my cupboards for pieces that would somehow make a complete meal.

Pasta is normally my go to choice. As I did not have any canned tomatoes but plenty of cheeses I thought this recipe would be prime choice.

ease: 5/5. prep time: 10mins to grate cheeses and make sauce.
cooking time: 9mins to cook pasta.
total: 19mins. taste: 4/5. I enjoyed this but the others found it too bland. I only had Parmesan aged to 2years so that is what I used. It did end up a little greasy - perhaps too much oil.

would I make it again: No - I was the only one who finished my plate.

recipe: http://www.weareneverfull.com/cacio-e-pepe-a-spicy-creamy-simple-cheap-and-satisfying-roman-meal/

No comments:

Post a Comment