Friday, January 23, 2009

Double delight peanut butter-honey cookies


Work started as usual, albeit a little late due to my freakish sleep patterns of the past three days. There weren't many orders today, which is both great (more free time) and not so great (less profit). I was finished by 12:30, so I threw a load of towels into the wash and hung them out to dry in the lovely much-more-efficient-than-a-dryer sunshine. I didn't feel like vacuuming, or cleaning for that matter, so I thought, why not bake something seeing as though the apricot cake is down to the last piece.

Shopping day for me is Saturday morning, so come Friday my shelves are looking pretty bare as I only buy what I need for each week. I have the bare essentials such as flour, sugar, eggs etc and I had a more than normal supply of peanut butter as my dog is currently taking some antibiotics and I find the best way to get them down whole is in a teaspoon of peanut butter.
Side note: I decided to try Dick Smith's PB this week rather than Kraft as it has 3% more peanuts and it actually tastes a whole lot better to me, so from now on, all PB dishes will be made using Dick Smith's PB.



This is a recipe I had been postponing as it is a little time intensive for a cookie recipe.

ease: 4.5/5. Takes time but isn't difficult.
prep time: 45mins to get to the cookies on a tray stage.
cooking time: 26mins for two trays.
total: 1hour & 11mins.

taste: 4/5. Ryan rated these an extra .5%, but I think 4 is enough. Surprisingly they weren't super peanut buttery. The soft center was lovely, the honey roasted peanuts on the top didn't mesh well, normal salted peanuts would have been nicer. Also a little more cinnamon perhaps.

would I make it again: No. They were lovely, but not so super duper that I would want to make them again.

recipe: http://www.visionsofsugarplum.com/2008/04/double-delight-peanut-butter-honey.html

2 comments:

  1. Wow these look amazing! I can imagine my teeth sinking into them : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, my cheeky hubby has already polished four off today, I've had to hide the rest of them :)

    ReplyDelete