Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mango coconut muffins


Muffins really are one of the best snack foods in the world. They are just the right size for easy portability. They cope well in most weather conditions and are truly delicious. They can be sweet or savoury, small or gigantic and most of all, they can be eaten any time of the day. Man I love muffins.

About 70% of the time I normally make some kind of banana muffin as there always seems to be at least 1 banana that didn't get eaten before their brown spots appeared, making them less desirable and therefore fit for either the freezer or baked goods. I decided to give the banana a break this week and try something new. Mango was the fruit of the week for me, one was relegated to become a Mango Lassi, 1 is being reserved to make a mango chicken dish, so I had two left. So then I thought, how about mango muffins!

ease: 5/5.
prep time: 10mins.
cooking time: 25mins.
total: 35mins.

taste: 4/5. Super moist muffins with lots of mango flavour. I am a coconut addict, and these were a little light in the coconut area - will add some dessicated coconut to the batter next time as well.

would I make it again: Yes. You could easily use tinned mango for the puree and fresh mango for the chunks.

recipe: http://dragonskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/12/mango-coconut-muffins.html

No comments:

Post a Comment