Sunday, January 25, 2009

Parmesan crumbed baked fish


It was Salmon's week off this week so I had to find someone to take their shift; orange roughy was the lucky winner. I haven't cooked orange roughy before, but my father assures me it is lovely. I didn't want to try anything weird or complicated so I thought I'd go for the classic parmesan crumb. Fingers crossed :).


ease: 5/5.
prep time: 5mins.
cooking time: 15mins
total: 20mins.

taste: 3/5. It was alright but I felt the crumb mixture actually made the flavour more mellow - couldn't taste much except for breadcrumbs. I made the following modifications for two people:
  • 2 orange roughy fillets
  • 1/2cup breadcrumbs
  • 1/2tsp lemon rind
  • 1/4cup Parmesan
  • 1tbs parsley
  • 1/2tsp lemon myrtle
  • 2tbs oil
  • salt and pepper
would I make it again: No.

recipe: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/8149/parmesan+crumbed+baked+fish

No comments:

Post a Comment