Thursday, January 22, 2009

Summer pizza


I spent so much time designing the new layout that I forgot about dinner! Before I knew it I heard 'when's dinner' grumbles coming from the lounge room. Scurrying around the kitchen I played with the idea of a large salad and then on second thought I turned on my laptop and scanned my bookmarked recipes. This super quick and easy Summer pizza recipe was the answer to my prayers.

ease: 5/5.
prep time:
8 mins.
cooking time: 20mins
total: 28mins

taste: 4.5/5. Ryan absolutely loved this - as it is a simple dish it really does rely on flavoursome fresh produce. The tomatoes were the stars whilst the zucchini and basil added to its summer taste. I made HUGE modifications to this recipe. I only used around 2tbs of mayonnaise, 1tsp dried basil, 1 punnet vine ripened cherry tomatoes, 1/2 a zucchini, 1/2 cup tasty cheese and 1/4 cup smoked danish cheese. I omitted the red pepper flakes and salt however I did mix 1/2tsp minced garlic with the mayonnaise. All of this fit decently on 1 sheet of puff pastry. I was a little hasty in getting it into the oven so my pizza was a little soggy due to partially defrosted pastry. Next time I will try to find some smoked mozzarella as I really think it would go well with this dish, I would also substitute the mayonnaise for garlic aioli.

would I make it again: Yes - super easy and really well liked.

recipe: http://www.bitofnutmeg.com/2008/07/so-fancy-so-easy-summer-pizza.html

No comments:

Post a Comment