Thursday, February 5, 2009

Raspberry buttermilk muffins


I think I am finally getting the hang of my newly acquired DSLR- a Canon EOS 5D markII (I had to wait months for this baby). I have only ever had a point and shoot so manually focusing and the rest took a little getting used to.

The weather has stayed around the 30C mark so far this week, giving us some long needed respite. Although Saturday is predicted to reach mid 40s again, next week will supposedly bring us much needed rain and low temperatures. My poor garden is hanging on by a thread, as water restrictions only allow us 2hours of watering twice a week. I have been using my grey water tank to try and help in between, but with only 4min showers and two loads of laundry a week it doesn't give me much water.


Anyway, along to today's recipe. I love raspberries; 9 times out of 10 I buy them frozen, even during their season. I'm not one for creepy crawlies and in most of the packets I have bought I always find spiders hiding in the raspberries inner core. Turns me right off. Spiders are just plain creepy, all those legs and super quick moves, gah.

I was in the mood for muffins, and as another dish I am making this week called for buttermilk, I thought this would be perfect.

ease: 5/5.
prep time:
8mins.
cooking time: 25mins.
total: 33mins.

taste: 4/5. I loved these. I reduced the sugar to 2/3cup and increased both the nutmeg and cinnamon quantities. Really lovely texture and the raspberries bring a fresh tart burst.

would I make it again: Yes.

recipe: http://pickycook.com/breakfastandbrunch/buttermilkberrymuffins.aspx

1 comment: