Friday, March 27, 2009

Pork with fig & merlot sauce


Seasons come and seasons go, and with them also, their bounty of fruits and vegetables.

At the moment it is the fig that I am trying to savour before it disappears until next Autumn. If you could get figs all year round I doubt they would be as enjoyable; having particular seasons for particular produce makes eating more exciting. When I grow tired of eating mangoes, I can sink my teeth into juicy apples. Even more special are those whose availability are short lived, such as figs.


ease: 5/5.
prep time: 3mins.
cooking time: 12mins.
total: 15mins.

taste: 2.5/5* I did not have Port at hand and used a Merlot, which I think is the reason Ryan didn't like it so much, he said it needed to be sweeter and less wine-y, the merlot was overpowering, he could barely taste the figs.

would I make it again: Yes - I shall track down a nice Port and try again.

recipe: http://thebittenword.typepad.com/thebittenword/2009/01/pork-loin-with-fig-and-port-sauce.html

4 comments:

  1. An awesome combination of flavors! Your dish is really beautiful!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a fantastic way to serve pork!! I love figs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My all time favorite dish is figs with port on pork. I use Giada's recipe and I just love it. Of course mine uses black dried mission figs and they just arent as beautiful as your amazing pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM!!! YUM!!!.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete