Sunday, April 5, 2009

Apple pancakes


Breakfast: sometimes I will feel like eggs and salmon but 9 times out of 10 I opt for something sweet.

Pancakes have got to be one of the best breakfast options out there. I don't think I have ever heard someone say they don't like pancakes. The mere fact that there are 24hour Pancake Parlour, adds weight to their popularity (in fact I shall be eating my dessert at the Pancake Parlour tonight, most likely my childhood favourite, the Alice in Wonderland.)

I've tried many pancake recipes but I have never made one that only used around 3tbs of flour and was mostly grated apple. It seemed like a healthier version of my favourite breakfast so I was happy to try this one out.


ease: 5/5.
prep time: 5mins.
cooking time: 6mins.
total: 11mins.

taste: 4/5. These are basically apple fritters - I sprinkled mine with cinnamon sugar which gave a beautiful sweetness to the crispy tart apple. I increased the sugar in the batter to 1tsp.

would I make it again: Yes - Ryan prefers normal pancakes but I think these are a great healthier option.

recipe: http://www.crabbycook.com/2008/12/apple-pancakes.html

4 comments:

  1. I was just thinking of making breakfast, and I have a Granny Smith apple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello pancakes! This sounds and looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made these for breakfast and put them up on my blog. http://bigboldbeautifulfood.blogspot.com/2009/04/apple-pancakes.html.

    They have a nice flavor and go well with coffee.

    Thanks, Greedy Gourmand, for providing us with inspiration for Sunday breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pancakes look divine! The photo is beautiful as well.

    I'd love to include the photo in my list of the best food photos of the week. Just follow the link below and leave a link to this post in the comments section.

    Best Food Photos Of The Week

    ReplyDelete