Sunday, April 26, 2009

Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon & lemon cream


Sunday mornings are magical.

There are no obligations - I can truly spend the day as I wish. Sundays usually begin with an extended stay in bed, followed by a leisurely decision regarding what to eat for breakfast. Pancakes are normally favoured, but I felt like something savoury and healthy. Our 10am brains chose scrambled eggs with a twist.

ease: 5/5.
prep time:
5mins.
cooking time: 3mins.
total: 8mins.

taste: 3.5/5. The tangy cream with hints of fragrant time (1 sprig) and citrus overpowered the scrambled eggs. Along with the salty, smoked salmon the scrambled eggs were truly lost amongst its more aggressively flavourful accompaniments. I did not include spring onion as I had none, I also added 1tbs of cream to the eggs.

would I make it again: No - Ryan didn't like it enough to warrant a second try.

recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/photo/Scrambled-Eggs-with-Smoked-Salmon-and-Lemon-Cream-351272

3 comments:

  1. Darn, I thought this sounded really good. I may have to try it anyway. I have to say your picture is way prettier than the one on Epicuriou though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right about Sundays. Best day of the week

    ReplyDelete