Thursday, May 21, 2009

Baked eggs with chives & feta

“I do not like green eggs and ham I do not like them Sam I am.”


Dr Seuss.

No elaborate, wordy post today. I simply woke up, wanting something different for breakfast and ended up with this. Do not judge it based on its appearance, it's tastier than it looks.

ease: 5/5.
prep time: 5mins.
cooking time: 10mins.
total: 15mins.

taste: 4/5. I thought the boys would turn their noses up at it but they licked their ramekins clean. The chives and spring onions went beautifully with the egg and feta (I use goat's feta). I did increase the amount of feta and cream, but would probably use the right amount of cream next time as it was difficult to see the little egg yolk while cooking, so I overcooked them a tiny bit; They were still delectably velvet smooth.
I served them with some crispy, salted wholegrain toast fingers.

would I make it again: Yes.

recipe: Baked Eggs with Chives & Feta

2 comments:

  1. my kind of breakfast!

    cheers,

    *heather*

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I do so like
    green eggs and ham!
    Thank you!
    Thank you,
    Sam-I-am!"

    Now THIS is what I'm talkin' BOUT! Love it, simply love it.

    :-)

    Sam, I am

    ReplyDelete