Saturday, July 31, 2010

Chocolate & avocado pudding


There truly is nothing as wonderful as coming home after being away.

Suddenly the couch is comfier, the bathroom more spacious and your bedtime pillow becomes the greatest masterpiece of all time. Weeks spent sleeping in strange beds and being on board planes for 24hour stretches can really drain your batteries - home is where I recharge.

I must thank my parents who stocked my fridge with fresh fruit and veggies so I could postpone my weekly shop until jetlag subsides, and who also turned my heater on so that when we arrived at 2am, cold and haggard, we stepped into warmth and immediately relaxed.

This morning I did manage to resist the urge to sleep for twenty odd hours and awoke to begin the luggage-laundry and return items to their original locations. At noon I had everything put away and was already onto my second load of clothes. Having allocated photos and emails until after lunch, I thought I'd make myself a treat, but it had to be healthy as two weeks of eating out everyday has not been kind on my body (sorry body, but those pastries and butter were just too good to resist, and when in France...).


ease: 5/5.
prep time: 6mins.
total: 6mins.

taste: 4.5/5 (I think it deserves as extra half a point because of its healthiness.)

I was extremely sceptical about this but the look and taste of it erased all my doubts. Yes, I could taste banana, but I like banana, and there was the tiniest hint of creamy avocado also, but that was also pleasant. Despite the relatively small amount of cocoa this did taste like a light chocolate mousse. I loved the silky and substantial texture as well as the mild fruity sweetness. It satisfied all of my chocolate cravings and left none of the guilt. You can't ask for more than that ;).

would I make it again: Yes.


recipe: Aquacate del Chocolate

11 comments:

  1. A delicious pudding! I really have to try integrating avocados to my desserts...

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate pudding with no guilt!! Yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should definitely have indulged on vacation and welcome back! Your parents are so sweet to have gotten food for you, too. I've been hearing about avocado and chocolate ever since the blog Joy the Baker featured a vegan cake combining them. Your pudding looks like a healthy but still wholy satisfying treat :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! And goodness me I will have to try this one myself because I cannot believe the combination! Kudos to you for the healthy pud :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. a fine welcome home! avocado is just so magical--it lends such texture and flavor and nutrition--well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was talking about putting avocado into pudding recently to a somewhat skeptical boyfriend, but awesome to see you doing just that and with positive results!

    Yum, yum, yum. Healthy fats, yay!

    Jax x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back!
    At the risk of sounding like one of those lame TV chefs...that pudding looks SEXY! :O There, I said it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds strange and scrumptious at the same time! I love how easy it is to make. Thanks for trying my carrot pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  9. avocado and chocolate, a combination I've not heard of before. But hey, you gotta give everything a go huh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. very interesting combination :)
    chocolate and avocado...hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! thanks for linking back to my blog on this recipe. My family and I still love it :o)

    ReplyDelete