Friday, February 3, 2012

Mascarpone pancakes with mango & blueberries


Mornings filled with the melodical babblings of a curiously exuberant 5month old little girl and the rustling of papers crammed into laptop bags are the sounds that begin each weekday.

My husband chews hastily on toast whilst tickling our daughter's feet and grabbing his car keys, in moments he is out the door and I am left to split my day between playing, feeding, cleaning and cooking until his evening return. Six days a week, breakfast is a speedy blur eaten on the fly. But on sweetly slothful Sundays, breakfast is lingered over and most often lavish and bountiful, occasionally stretching it's greedy arms towards lunch's hour.

Whilst I like to experiment with different types of breakfast fare, Sunday seems to beckon pancakes like mice to the Pied Piper; it's almost become a permanent fixture. Luckily, there seem to be as many variations of this breakfast cake as there are flowers in my yard.


Do you like to try new pancake recipes, or are there a handful that you are loyal to?


ease: 5/5.
prep time: 7mins.
cooking time: 12mins.
total: 19mins.


taste: 4.5/5. Good Golly Miss Holly, these might be the fluffiest pancakes yet.

Even on their own, these pancakes were delicious; I polished off the entire lot before lunch. The texture was fantastic with a fluffy and soft center kissed by the vanilla sweetness and creamy mascarpone. You could top the with anything, I opted for fresh fruit, raspberries or strawberries would be marvelous I am sure.

These will definitely become my go-to plain pancakes.

would I make it again: Yes.


recipe: http://alejandraowens.wordpress.com/2010/03/22/mascarpone-pancakes-with-lemon-curd-and-blueberries/

5 comments:

  1. I make a similarish pancake with sour cream. The fluffiness is truly extraordinary, and the taste mmmmmm. I made mine in winter so they were flavoured with orange and cinnamon with a blackberry sauce, but the idea of mango and blueberries for the summer months is brilliant! This just might be our sunday breakfast this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, these pancakes scream my name! I loved this post, you write so beautifully. Cheers to sweetly slothful sundays :)
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look really good! I bet they taste amazing.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I love the sound of these light and fluffy pancakes. I can't believe your precious little daughter is 5 months old already! Time certainly does fly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing. I am always happy to experiment with new pancake recipes.

    Your days seem so similar to mine. Chaos, but you wouldn't change it for the world.
    5 months is so much fun. Little G was so much more animated and vocal, funny and filled with giggles, well she still is! Can you believe your baby Girl is 5 months already?!

    Sometimes I just want to bottle these days.

    ReplyDelete