Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Jamie Oliver's chorizo & tomato salad





My days seem to be getting longer. 

The little one has begun teething again, something which has made me seriously question the necessity of having teeth. As much as I wish I could take her pain from her, I just offer unlimited cuddles, a string of chilled toys that soothe the gums and a basket of reassuring smiles and kisses to get her through till nap time where she happily wanders off to dreams and sleep, drunk on mummy's milk.

In these moments, where the house becomes eerily filled with the silence of a sleeping baby, I head to the kitchen to whip up something to satisfy my hunger and give me energy for another round of baby-soothing. Sometimes I am lucky enough to share lunch with my husband, this was one of those days.



ease: 4.5/5.
prep time: 5mins.
cooking time: 15mins.
total: 20mins.


taste: 4/5. Rather tasty.

As expected, hubby loved the chorizo component the most, but he did eat all the tomatoes, something he hardly does. I served ours with toasted Turkish bread and marinated goat's cheese.

would I make it again: Yes.

12 comments:

  1. A gorgeous salad! So appetizing and beautiful.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tomato and cheese looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This salad looks amazing. I remember the teething days well. It's kind of a long haul, comes and goes as you can see but they make it through unscathed in the end! And then it's such a relief when they can chew EVERYTHING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your photography is amazing, i wish i was half as talented.

    teething, we are yet to go through all that. good luck xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum. Strolling through your site-the arctic trout is compelling me to go get a piece of salmon (alas, no trout near us). Love the pics too. If you want to do a guest post let us know. We're doing a bunch of posts on seafood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me of summer! I love the colors in your photos. It looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful salad, I love the colours - so endearing! Good luck with the whole teething thing - I can only imagine! poor poppet.
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely!!! Yummmmm :) Love your blog **

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Jaimie recipes, I follow you!
    xx
    http://laventanadegogo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  10. These articles have got complete sense without confusing the readers.
    recipes for salad

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spanish or Mexican chorizo??

    ReplyDelete